BuddyPress Links in Theme Menus
You can add links to: (a) the directory pages of your activated BuddyPress components and/or (b) your respective Member screens, in any of the navigation menus available in your theme. This can only be done after you finish configuring your BuddyPress installation.
Add Menu Links to the Directory Pages of Activated BuddyPress Components
Links include: Sitewide Activity, Members Directory, Groups Directory, and/or Blogs Directory (multisite only).
- Navigate to Appearance > Menus.
- Create a new menu.
- Under the “Pages” section, select the links to the BuddyPress pages.
- Click on the “Add to Menu” button.
- Arrange the menu links as you like it.
- Assign the menu to one of the theme menu locations, or click on Manage Locations to do the same job.
- Click save and refresh your site to see your new custom menu in place.
Add Menu Links Specific to the Logged-in Member
- Click on “Screen Options” to open up the panel at the top of the screen.
- Check the “BuddyPress” option under the “Show On Screen” section.
You can either create a new menu to contain these membership links or add them to the menu you already created above.
- Navigate to the new “BuddyPress” navigation links in the panel shown below.
- These are Logged in links, links are relative to the current user, and are not visible to visitors who are not logged in. Select the items you would like to add to your menu.
- Login and Register links are Logged-Out links, aren't visible to users who are logged in.
- Click on Add to Menu to add the links to the right items.
- Save the Menu.