How do I manually update the theme to the newer version?
1. Manual Updates Via WordPress Dashboard
- Download the “Installable WordPress file” from ThemeForest
- Go to WordPress Dashboard >> Appearance >> Themes >> Add new
- Click on the "Upload Theme" button, and upload the new version zip file like you would upload any new theme zip file.
- WordPress will automatically detect the existing theme and will give you the option to ‘Replace current with uploaded’ version.
2. Manual Updates Via FTP/SFTP Override
Of course, you can always update by simply overriding all files via FTP or SFTP.
- Download the “installable theme” from ThemeForest
- Access your server via FTP or SFTP (if you aren’t sure how usually your web host will have instructions somewhere on their site)
- Browse to wp-content/themes/
- Delete and override the Jannah folder files with the new ones downloaded in step 1.
3. Automatic Updates via The Envato Market Plugin
Envato released a plugin called Envato Market WordPress Plugin which can be used to manage all your themes and plugins purchased from ThemeForest and Codecanyon via your WordPress dashboard.
3.1 Common problems with the Envato Market Plugin and how to resolve them:
- Try clicking the update link again, sometimes it doesn't work from the first time.
- Activate another theme so this theme becomes deactivated and then try updating the theme.
- Deactivate all plugins because some plugins can block your site connections with Envato server.
- Confirm a valid API token has been generated from the build.envato.com website.
- Check your token has the correct permissions by going to Envato Market > Settings and clicking the Test API Connection button. If you get an error, create a new token.
- Confirm your Envato account is still active and the items are still visible from your downloads page.
- Check with the hosting provider to ensure the API connection to
api.envato.comis not blocked.
- If it still doesn't work it's possible Envato's API is down and you will need to try again later.