How to install Jannah theme
You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress or via FTP. Before you can install Jannah, you need to download the necessary theme files from your ThemeForest account.
Downloading Jannah Theme Files From ThemeForest
If you already downloaded the theme after you first purchased it, you may have a file called something like “themeforest-15966053-jannah-responsive-news-wordpress-theme.zip“. If that is the case be sure to extract the zip file, and inside it browse to jannah.zip. The jannah.zip file is the one you want to upload to WordPress.
If you did not download the theme after purchase, then you will want to log into ThemeForest and go to your “Downloads” and download the “Installable WordPress file only” zip file.
How To Install Jannah via WordPress
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.
- Click the ‘Add New’ button on top of the page, then the ‘Upload Theme’ button.
- If you’ve downloaded the installable WordPress file, then you do not need to unzip the file. If you’ve downloaded the Full Theme Package, you have to unzip the master themeforest-15966053-jannah-responsive-news-wordpress-theme.zip file, you will see the jannah.zip file, this is the one you select to install.
- Click ‘Choose File’ and select the jannah.zip file.
- Once the file has uploaded, to activate Jannah go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and click the Activate button.
If you get the “Are You Sure You Want To Do This” message when installing jannah.zip file via WordPress, it means you have an upload file size limit that is set by your host. If this happens, please install the theme via FTP or contact your hosting company and ask them to increase the limit.
How To Install Jannah using FTP
- Log into your server installation via FTP. You can use software such as Filezilla for this.
- If you have downloaded the Full Theme Package from ThemeForest, please unzip the master themeforest-15966053-jannah-responsive-news-wordpress-theme.zip file and then unzip the jannah.zip file which will give a Jannah folder.
- Upload the extracted Jannah folder to the wp-content > themes folder on the server. Make sure the folder name is -> ‘jannah’.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Themes and clicking the ‘Activate’ button, for the Jannah theme.